Revolution Wiki

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Mon Sep 16 17:41:00 EDT 2002

>Geoff,
>
>I posted a link to your WIKI on my RunRev site.

Glad to hear it. Feel free to post a link on the wiki to your site as well.

>But, I'm still getting
>unusually long download times to the main page there
>http://macitworks.com:8080/revdocs
>
>between 20 and 30 seconds. Any ideas why? I'm on a DSL here at work. I'm
>thinking it has something to do with the port address and me being behind a
>firewall. Or, the application just takes a long time to dynamically generate
>the page.

It isn't how long the app takes to generate the page. The main page comes up in about three seconds for me. I'm on ethernet, so obviously networking issues could be at fault. Or the port/firewall issue.

>BTW, why aren't you on port 80? It seems like people behind proxy servers
>and firewalls may have trouble getting there on 8080. I guess it does keep
>the spiders and search engines from crawling around your site..
>
>-Chipp

I happen to be one of those people who can't get to port :8080 ;-) The server is running three separate web servers. One is on :80, one is on :8000, and the wiki is :8080.

If all goes well, I'll move the wiki to its own machine tonight. That should allow putting it on port 80. At the same time, I'll try loading the data files onto a ram disk, which should improve performance.
--

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com