Database on a server

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Mon Sep 16 17:25:00 EDT 2002

Have you considered the "no overhead" database?
What I mean is simply using text files in a folder
hierarchy as database records. Then your front-end
client can simply rename the text file to something
like "record0356.locked" when the user is making
a change to it. I have done this for years with pretty
good success. The key is to make the folder shared
on the network, but don't tell the users that it is not
a REAL database so they don't play around in the
folders which contain these text file records.

~Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>