gzip & Mac File Types

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Sep 16 12:14:01 EDT 2002

>I always consider a message from you as a word to the wise; so I'll
>try to find time to check out the issues you raise.

I have not visited the URL you posted, Richard; however I do see the light:

simple stack, dataFork property, resourceFork property, and property
or field to store the entire line of file info returned in "the
detailed files".

If I were starting over, I would give that design much consideration.
Now that you've planted the seed I'll find a use for the technique
sooner or later.

Thanks,

PS: My snivelling text file solution has passed all tests except
uploading/downloading.  After that it will be documentation, file
compression, and web page updating for moi.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company