Stacks delivered via the web?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Sep 15 19:08:01 EDT 2002

Recently, Judy Perry wrote:

>> It sounds like what you really want to do is design a website.
>> You do not mean that you want to deliver the stacks via the web,
>> you are talking about building the website/content with Revolution yes?
>
> Alas, no.  My job as a student is to develop educational software
> modulettes, the content of which is to be viewed online.  I suppose I
> should have mentioned that it is a distance ed class, so it's not as if I
> can hand them a CD and have them run the stuff on their personal machines
> as standalones.  They don't want to have to have people uploading and
> downloading files because they say they don't want to subject people to
> viruses.  A better guess is perhaps that they do not wish to tax the other
> non-technically oriented students by having them do such geeky stuff as
> ftp.

If your content *doesn't* need to run within a browser, you can easily
create a Rev/MC stack that loads/runs stacks from the Web (see load url...).
The Web-based stacks are loaded into a local cache so this a little more
streamlined than downloading and running a file.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director

Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design