gzip & Mac File Types

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Sep 15 10:45:01 EDT 2002

>>I wonder if there are any OS X command line tools available to
>>binhex the file before compressing it into gzip. That would retain
>>the resource fork + type and creator code, wouldn't it?
>
>Brad, et al:
>
>That may be an issue I'll have to deal with in the future.

The future began last night.

I'm using get URL resfile: to get the resource fork, appending it to
the data fork, and storing fileType + "#"+ the length of the data
fork at the end of the data.  Both compress & decompress were
scripted last night.  Now comes testing.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company