Distributing Rev Stacks (was The age of user-translatable applications...

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Thu Sep 12 13:20:01 EDT 2002

On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 02:04  PM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> An app that creates a single file containing all the folders/files in a
> specified folder, compresses it, translates it (if necessary) to
> 'Net-safe characters, and can unbundle such a file at the other end.
> Such an app could probably serve as an installer as well.

The problem is - such an app, would indeed be an app. An application.
Built with the builder. For each platform. How, exactly, would we then
distribute that one? It can be done, but there would need to be a
separate version for every platform.

<Hmm. Maybe *thats* why Jim wanted to control the past?    >

;-)

--
Troy
RPSystems, LTD