plug-in question

Klaus Major klaus.major at metascape.org
Wed Sep 11 12:16:01 EDT 2002

Hi Steve,

> Hi,
>
> I have created a plug-in that I only want licensed users of Rev to be
> able
> to use. How do I keep the plug-in from being used by those who have the
> StarterKit?
>
> I have tried the following handler but it doesn't work.  When I select
> the
> plugin in the Developer menu I get a beep then the plug-in window is
> opened.
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> on preOpenStack
>   set the cantAbort to true
>   if not licensed() then
>     Answer error "Sorry you can only use this Plug-in's powerful
> learning
> tools  with a licensed version of Revolution Software. It will not
> work with
> the Revolution Starterkit.  Please purchase an Educational, Business or
> Professional license from Runtime Revolution Ltd. Revolution will now
> Quit."
>     quit
>   else
>   end if
> end preOpenStack
>
> TIA
>
> Regards
>
> Steve

i tried it here at home and it works... ?

However i scripted:

on preopenstack
   if the licensed then exit preopenstack
end preopenstack

But that should not make a difference...

I would suggest to use "close this stack" instead of "quit".
That could surprise someone very unpleasantly ;-)

Regards

Klaus Major
k_major at os.surf2000.de