re two questions

Steve Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Wed Sep 11 08:45:01 EDT 2002

Richard,

you said

> may you help with these two questions?
>
> 1) If someone clicks on the close-button of the stack window, the stack
> is closed.
> Under some conditions I want to intercept the "close stack" message, so
> that the stack is not closed and the stack window remains visible.
here's one way

Use a customProperty and a subroutine

on closeStack
  ckStatus
  other statements
end closeStack

on ckstatus
 if the status of me is true then -- here "status' is a customProp of the
stack that was set secondary to some previous user action*
    -- thing you are checking for is true

    statements  -- do the other things you want to do

    exit to top -- aborts closeStack handler
 else
    --its OK  TO CLOSE THE STACK. when this handler finishes executing
control reverts to the closeStack handler
 end if
end checkStatus

* A previous action can result from the execution of virtually any handler
in any oject in your stack.

> 2) (Nothing to do with question 1)
> On opencard  the Input-Cursor should be in the fld "NN".

on openCard
 focus on field "NN" -- the traversalOn of the field must be enabled this is
the default state of all newly created fields so it isn't an issue unless
you disabled the flds traversalOn property at an earlier time.
end open card

For further information check the focus command and the traversalOn property
in the online documentation.
hope this helps

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer