Tutorial tip: Creating Custom Icons for Standalone Windows apps.

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Sep 6 20:59:00 EDT 2002

Over time, I've struggled a bit with this. I hate spending time learning the
intricacies of the latest version of the coolest icon editor...especially
because Rev and MC only use the 766 byte 32x32 16 color icon. Then for me,
after creating it, I end up doing 3 or 4 distro builds only to find out the
icon won't build with RR. So...

Check out http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Tutorials.htm to see a
real quick way of using existing 32x32 bmp files to create valid .ico files
for RR using a very small shareware program. While the program works just
fine without purchasing it...if you use it a lot, consider supporting the
author.

There are also a couple of glossy photoshop tutorials at my home page:
www.chipp.com You can use them to help you get ideas for icons.

best,

Chipp Walters,Altuit