Field height Adjuster Button

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Sep 4 16:26:00 EDT 2002

Has anyone already scripted a button has the appearance of a "split
window pane" heights adjuster that operates on two horizontally
adjacent fields?

I can start on this myself, but thought it might already be done.

Visualize two fields, one above the other with the bottom of one field
contiguous with the top of the one below it.  In between , if you click
down a button appears that indicates it can be dragged up or down and
the relative height of the fields will change as well as (obviously)
the top coordinate of the bottom field as the one above it grows or
shrinks, the top field topLeft coordinates would be fixed, as well as
the bottom field's left coordinate.

The same algorithm could then be applied to the widths of two fields
adjusted along their vertical contiguous border.

What I need doesn't have to be a polished gem in terms of HIG, just
functional.

Sivakatirswami