pb with revdb_execute()

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Wed Sep 4 10:23:01 EDT 2002

>Bon jour Sylvain,
>
>>I understand, but I believed that it was more efficient to submit a whole
>>set of SQL queries rather than submit plenty of queries.
>>
>>So, the function revdb_execute can't work with more than one query?
>
>Sorry, i don't have any idea.
>
>I will leave this quetion to someone with more revbd- and sql- experience.

It's been my experience that some SQL can be submitted multi-line and
some cannot. Typically a set of stored procedures will not execute in
multi-line fashion. That said, the SQL you have posted looks to me
like it should go multi-line with no problems. I do that kind of
multi-line execute all the time.

The SQL I submit on Sybase does not end with ";" so I'm not familiar
with that as an ending. Maybe the rev database commands don't want to
see ";" at the end of each line?

For the SQL I submit on Sybase, within my interface, each line is
terminated with an ascii(13). Don't know if that would make a
difference for you, probably not.

I'm not sure what kind of magic rev does to the lines before it
submits them to the database. Maybe there is some kind of binary mode
or something weird like that to tell rev to do exactly what you have
written without modification. Again, I don't know if you text is
getting modified by rev.

Perhaps wrap them in a begin tran and commit (or whatever your SQL
database uses to wrap multi-line commands).

Good luck.