What Can Prevent a Window From Updating?--Answer

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Sep 3 11:22:00 EDT 2002

>In a nutshell, it looks as though the screen is locked, but the
>message box says lockScreen is false, and I can find no other global
>properties that might control this behavior...which occurs in both
>1.1.1 & 1.5A7.

I should have looked at the stack properties as well as global
properties: the stack's visible property was false.

This is a database stack where most activity is initiated by Library
handlers that "go invisible" to the database to file a new record.
The handler causing the problem was running from inside the database
stack, and needed a show stack statement following the call to the
Library's record-filing handler.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company