Telnet and Control break Key

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Sep 2 19:06:01 EDT 2002

> Does anyone know what happened with the Telnet.mc?
> I have the need to use a telnet program that would do more than just
> telnet
> , doing a search i found out that MC had a program called telnet.mc
> that i
> thought i can use. Unfortunately is gone from their ftp site .
I don't know much about telnet, but you can connect to a POP or SMTP
server by opening a socket to the correct IP address & port number.
Then you can read & write to that socket.

> Also does anybody had use a combination key ( like shift-ctrl-F3 ) in a
> program. How do you capture it ?and  how do you send it?
> I am trying to figure it out because i need to send the break key to a
> router to get in ROM ( a special state of the router ) and do a
> password
> recovery.
Use a functionKey handler to test for any function key press and then
check for the modifiers e.g.
on functionKey keyNum
	if keyNum = 3 and the shiftKey = down and the controlKey = down then
		-- do your stuff
	else
		pass functionKey
	end if