Telnet and Control break Key

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Sep 2 14:45:01 EDT 2002

On Monday, September 2, 2002, at 11:56 AM, Luis Camou wrote:

> Also does anybody had use a combination key ( like shift-ctrl-F3 ) in a
> program. How do you capture it ?and  how do you send it?

It might be easier to make a button to represent this than to
capture it.

A telnet break is 129, I think.  Is that what you need?

> I am trying to figure it out because i need to send the break key to a
> router to get in ROM ( a special state of the router ) and do a
> password
> recovery.
>
> As you can figure it out i work with routers and I am trying to
> use Runrev
> to make my life easier ;-)

Do you think you need a full telnet to talk to a router?  Maybe you
can get by with a simple tcp terminal (plus break).

(BTW, my router won't let me recover from a lost password via tcp
telnet; I have to use the serial connection.)

Dar Scott