usage of "this"

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Thu Oct 31 04:46:01 EST 2002

I was just hunting down this bug in my program, and it seems
counterintuitive what I discovered. In this code, the value of "this
stack" changes even before the handler finishes! That's surprising for
some reason. I don't know why I though "this" was consistend through a
handler. What other handlers or functions in rev can cause "this" to
change like this?

if tCalcType is not empty then
     go to first card of stack tCalcType as toplevel
     -- close the the current... the stack we were just in.
     -- close this stack -- nope; "this stack" has now changed!
     close stack "FacilityCalculator"
end if

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at swcp.com