use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #806 - 8 msgs

Robert Presender rpresender at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 29 13:47:00 EST 2002

On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 09:03  AM, Terry Vogelaar wrote:

> Robert Presender heeft op dinsdag, 29 okt 2002 om 05:29 het volgende
> geschreven:
>
>> Have a test stack with 1 fld and 1 btn.
>> Btn Script:
>> on mouseUp
>>   answer "Please enter a name " with "OK" or "Yes" or "Cancel"
>>   put it into fld 1
>> end mouseUp
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>   ask "Please enter a name"
>>   put it into fld 1
>> end mouseUp
>>
>> Both of the above scripts work OK in  development (Application
>> Overview).
>> A dialog  appears, appropriate data entered and the results are put
>> into the field.
>>
>> When the the proj is doubled clicked (Rev not opened), no dialog
>> appears but the
>> result in the field are for each case:
>> 1. answer plain Please enter a name
>> 2. ask plain Please enter a name
>
> Hello Robert,
>
> Both the answer and ask dialog are part of the Revolution UI, which is
> not started up when you doubleclick a project with rev not open. So the
> dialogs don't appear and the contents of 'it' are not filled in by the
> dialog. I am puzzled why you get the result you get instead of
> literally "it".
>
> Solution: start Rev first or make a standalone. I don't think there is
> an other solution.

Hi Terry,
Thank you for the info. It appears that one would have to assume that,
if ask/answer is used,
if it works in development it should work elsewhere.  I am aware that
in build  ask/answer
has to be selected in resources.  Wonder why it is not available if one
wants to check his work in a "project" situation rather than having to
build a standalone  each time ask/answer is used.
  Again, thanks.

Regards ... Bob