A method for opening folders from Rev

Mike Brown mike at cyber-ny.com
Thu Oct 24 13:06:01 EDT 2002

Just to put some closure on this issue, I was able to open a folder using
the following scripts that Ken Ray and John Nunez helped with:

Please Note:  These scripts are for opening a pre-designated folder from
your Rev Stack or Standalone and will work from the Hard Drive or a CD-ROM.
If you want the user to select a folder, add the "Answer Folder" or "File"
method.  These scripts also assume the folder path is relative to the
Standalone path like on a CD-ROM.

For Rev Stacks on Mac OS 8.6 - OS X:

on MouseUp
  global MyFolderPath
  put the filename of this stack into MyFolderPath -- Gets the relative path
  set the itemdelimiter to"/"
  delete the last item of MyFolderPath -- Deletes the name of your stack
  put ":FolderName" after MyFolderPath -- adds your folder name
  replace "/" with ":" in pAppPath -- makes path compatible with AppleScript
  put "tell application " & quote & "Finder" & quote & cr & \
  "activate" & cr & \
  "open folder " & quote & MyFolderPath & quote & cr & \
  "end tell" into tScript -- Assembles AppleScript
  do tScript as AppleScript -- Sends AppleScript to Mac OS
end MouseUp

For Rev Stacks on Win OS (98, ME, 2000,) Not tested on XP:

on Mouseup
  global MyFolderPath
  put the filename of this stack into MyFolderPath
  set the itemdelimiter to"/"
  delete the last item of MyFolderPath -- Deletes the name of your stack
  put "\FolderName" after MyFolderPath -- adds your folder name
  replace "/" with "\" in MyFolderPath -- makes path compatible Windows
  set the hideConsoleWindows to true
  get shell("start " & MyFolderPath) -- uses Windows console to open folder
end Mouseup

I hope this is helpful...

- Mike

Mike Brown