31142 lines/cards/records

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Tue Oct 22 19:09:00 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, Oct 23, 2002, at 09:13 Australia/Sydney, Troy Rollins
wrote:

> On 10/22/02 7:15 PM, "Ken Norris (dialup)" <pixelbird at interisland.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm having a bit of trouble visualizing this. How does it work? How
>> do you
>> efficiently search and edit object properties?
>
> Why make it hard? Move the content of the custom property into your
> container of choice for searching and editing... then move it back
> before
> saving.

This thread has been an interesting discussion. It is a similar problem
to that I raised recently, for about one tenth the records but more
fields each, and the outcome confirms both the direction I was taking
from that earlier thread and also the ease with which I will ultimately
be able to do what at first looked a daunting conversion. In fact, even
though it will be done in a list/stack paradigm, the data set will be
much closer to a Normal Form than was ever the case in HC, and most of
my old data management and integrity routines can disappear
accordingly. Thanks everyone, for the list and for the product.

regards
David