Specifying a point of origin

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Tue Oct 22 13:36:00 EDT 2002

>>> Probably the simplest approch would be to
>>> subtract the y coordinate from the
>>> height of the stack for each point -- could be done in a loop fairly
>>> quickly.
>>
>> Thanks Richard!  That did the trick. I should have figured that one out,
>> but you know how it is after the 12th hour of writing code.
>
> I don't understand why this works.  Are all shapes symmetrical up and
down?

> Dar

Basically, it's like flipping a sheet of paper over from top to bottom. The
top-left is 0,0 and the bottom-left is 0,600. A point located at 0,100
(closer to the top) is now at 0,500 (closer to the bottom) because
600-100=500. No, the shapes are going in every possible direction. That's
what makes this little trick so cool!

Roger Eller
roger.e.eller at sealedair.com