questions re button behavior

Alan Gayne alanIra9 at mac.com
Tue Oct 22 06:23:00 EDT 2002

Jeanne,

I would like to apologize for not acknowledging your kind response
sooner but my cable modem service has been down and although I have been
able to pick up my personal e-mail at my office, our system would not
let me respond as a name that would be recognized as participating in
the mailing list.

That said, your little tip on the popup problem pointed me in the right
direction and inspired me to develop a little trick which allows any
object that can receive a mouseDown message to serve as a popup menu
button.  This uses single, invisible "rovingPopup" button, a bit of
script and a tiny modal stack which allows the contents of the menu list
to be modified dynamically by the user.

If there would be any interest I would be happy to supply this to the
"user contribution" section of the RunRev website - but truth to tell
I'm not very web savvy and I'm not exactly sure how to do this so I
think the best approach would be for me to e-mail my little stack to the
right person at RunRev.    Would that be you?

Thanks and regards,
Alan Gayne