Anyone Interested in my 'Jump Scripts' Tool?

Matt Denton matt.denton at limelight.com.au
Sun Oct 20 17:20:00 EDT 2002

Dear List

Thanks to the great response to my request both here in the List and
off List.  Since then, I've added about six new features to 'Jump
Script' and will be releasing it first as a Mac OSX and OS9 test app to
those who are interested, shortly followed by Windows.

So if there is anyone on OS9 or OSX that hasn't responded and would
like to be in the first test seed, please email me off-list ASAP.

To reiterate: my motivation releasing this tool (and for spending the
last two days upgrading it!) is that this is a really great
keyboard/mouse method to navigate through the myriad of scripts -
stacks, cards and objects -- saving you lots and lots of
hunting/navigation time.  It doesn't replace 'Application Overview' but
works together with it.

Thanks again.

M@
Matt Denton

On Sunday, October 20, 2002, at 12:09  PM,  Matt Denton
<matt.denton at limelight.com.au> wrote:

> Hey-ya all
>
> One of the tools I've built for my own development is called Jump
> Scripts.  I use it all the time and it is perhaps the most useful
> development tool I've made to date.  What does it do?  It lets you jump
> immediately to any script in any stack, card or object very very
> quickly.
> -
> Here's are the features:
>
> 	Jump to any script in any open stack via the keyboard;
> 	Jump through the stack hierarchy via keyboard: stack>card>objects;
> 	Edit script or property via keyboard;
> 	Filter out objects (say only view buttons) via keyboard;
> 	Displays if a stack, card or object has a script;
> 	Close a stack script or property window via keyboard;
> 	Bring focus on 'Jump Scripts' or minimize via the keyboard;
> 	Hide or show Rev stacks in the list.
> -
>
> Bottom line is you can navigate through to ANY script at high speed and
> saves lots and lots of time.  I'm a bit of a keyboard maniac (even the
> filter objects drop down menu is keyboard operated), however the
> keyboard commands are very very easy to use and pickup.
>
> Would anyone be interested in this tool?   I'll release it for free as
> a service to all the kind people on the list, if there is interest.  It
> is only built for OSX at the moment but I'll build and test for OS9 and
> Windows if there is interest. I'd also appreciate any feedback and
> testing (this will be beta 0.5).
>
> PLEASE RESPOND if you think you'd like this tool.
>
> I use it every moment of my script development because it saves me so
> much time, I'd now like to share it if there is interest.
>
> Let me know and if there is interest I'll post it in the next few days,
> first as a locked stack, then unlocked (after I've commented the
> scripts and checked code is tidy etc).
>
> Cheers
>
> M@
> Matt Denton

M@

Matt Denton
matt.denton at limelight.com.au

Limelight Media Pty Ltd
Phone: 02)   9211-6622
Fax:       02)   9211-5922

HEY,  THIS IS NOT MY E-MAIL!

If this e-mail is not for you, please let us know and destroy the
original:

wrongmail at limelight.com.au

or call 02) 9211-6622  or  INT  +612 9211-6622.   Thanks for your kind
help.

LEGAL

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
 named above and may contain information that is confidential and
 privileged.   If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email
is strictly prohibited.

Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects.