stack trace vs. pending messages, etc.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Thu Oct 17 18:29:00 EDT 2002

At 3:39 PM -0700 10/17/2002, Alex Rice wrote:
>Also, what do people use the pending messages dialog for? It seems like
>it's complementary to the debugger, but I don't get the usage & it's
>always empty when I look at it.

The pending messages shows the queue of messages that have been sent with a
time delay by the send command. Check out "send", "pendingMessages", and
"cancel" in the Transcript Dictionary for more info. (There will also be
some script examples in the upcoming version that show how this feature is
used in more detail.)

The Rev development environnment uses this quite a bit, but it's not a
debugging tool per se.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/