get specialFolderpath(26)

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Tue Oct 15 16:08:01 EDT 2002

>. That's
>  > why those Application Data folders are provided.
>
>There's also the Windows registry to consider...

I need to track how many times an action is performed so that
when a set limit is arrived at, the application can do something.

If the number times an action is performed is recorded in a text
file, then then the person cannot simply install the application
over again and start from zero again. With each action, the text
file is written to until the limit is reached.

I understand that a clever person could simply search for and
remove the text file...but this simple level of security is
ok for the circumstances.

My PC knowledge is close to zero...could the Windows registry
be of use in this case? How would I go about using it?

tia

sims