Database vs Cards

Alan Gayne alanIra9 at mac.com
Mon Oct 14 18:42:01 EDT 2002

Geoff:

This sounds like what I'm looking for.  However, I have NO experience
with storing data in arrays - other than the very simple "lines & items"
approach frequently utilized in Hypercard - and this mostly for short
term storage in local variables.

I would certainly appreciate if you could possibly give a small example
of how data might be saved to such an array and then how a particular
record might then be displayed.  Also, how would searching and sorting
be handled in such an arrangement?

Like I said, I would really appreciate help on this topic as I'm really
trying to break free of my old Hypercard way of doing things.

Thanks in advance,

Alan