Geometry Manager

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Oct 14 08:21:01 EDT 2002

On Monday, October 14, 2002, at 01:13  AM, Simon Forster wrote:

> So you're saying stick with it, that RunRev isn't bad at all? I have
> to say that I love the idea of an easy to use, high level tool which
> is cross platform – it's just that the implementation seems a little
> weak.
>
> I downloaded the try-out version earlier this week and have spent
> around 6 hours playing with it. So far, I have had a few "this program
> has unexpectedly quit..." dialog boxes (due to Mac OS X 10.2
> appearance manager apparently), the Animation Manager ate my text
> field and Geometry Manager seems, as I said, somewhat buggy in its
> behaviour.

Try not to count the OS X appearance manager crashes towards the
overall quality of Rev. It's unfortunate OS X is doing this appearance
manager crash to Rev (or vice-versa) and I'm sure it will go away with
the next release of Rev.

I haven't been using the Geometry manager or Animation manager, but
overall I think that Revolution is pretty solid for a version 1.x
product.

(Although the metacard base of runrev is version 4.x? I still don't
understand the details at this level)

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at swcp.com
alex_rice at arc.to