Database vs Cards

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Oct 13 22:33:01 EDT 2002

On 10/13/02 10:28 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

>> Can anyone comment of their experience with lots of cards? I am concerned
>> with both memory and performance.  I have no experience with using a
>> databases so I was trying not to lean in that direction.
>

> There's a third option: arrays of custom properties in a stack file -
>
> <http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-July/006141.html>

Exactly. As I've mentioned in the past, at my company, we didn't come to Rev
with a Hypercard background, and frankly, we don't use the "card" process
very much. Our applications may have one or two cards in total, probably
just due to the way we think about scripting and application construction.
But we do store lots of info in the way Richard is describing, and then
populate a single card with that info on demand. I'm not sure it is the
right way, or the best way, but it sure works better for us than managing a
ton of cards (which I can't get my head around.)

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.