Anyone know how to prevent this type mismatch error?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Sat Oct 12 17:59:01 EDT 2002

Ahhh - - - perhaps that's the problem.   I was looking for an Applescript
solution in OS 8/9 that would set the user's networking to DHCP.   So, if
this was designed to run in 10, then that sheds some light on the issue.

In the long-run, I'll need to do this on both Mac OS 9 _and_ Mac OS X.   I
was assuming that the technique would be radically different, with OS X
relying on more unix-calls.   Resources on the web that detail how to script
the networking control pane are few and far between, it seems.