How real is the embedded web-page technique?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 11 00:27:01 EDT 2002

--- Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
> RGould8 at aol.com wrote:
>

> > In a message dated 10/10/02 10:20:32 PM,
> ambassador at fourthworld.com writes:
> >

> > What are the advantages of putting a browser
> inside on your app's window?
> > What sort of apps are you folks making?
> >

> > Well, I can speak for the app that I'm trying to
> make - - - a DSL Router
> > configuration tool.
> > [snip]
>
> Sounds like the critical component is not HTML
> rendering as much as HTTPS --
> did I understand that correctly?
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin

It might also help if those servers supported the SOAP
protocol, so you're not forced to make the user enter
data inside the browser, but could provide the forms
within your applicaion and send _that_ data over to
the server.
Through HTTPS, of course ; but at least you wouldbn't
need a browser environment.

Just my two euro-cents,

Jan Schenkel.

=====