How real is the embedded web-page technique?

Dan Shafer dan at danshafer.com
Thu Oct 10 19:15:01 EDT 2002

I differ slightly with you here, Jeanne. I think it is fine to say
something like "Rev renders a sub-set of HTML on its own," but even
the way it doesn't handle links (which is sooooo easy in Rev that
it's obvious it could be "fixed" if there were a priority here)
demonstrates that support is really, really weak.

Candidly, I'd like to see Rev tie up with someone like OmniWeb or
iCab or Opera or someone, license a decent HTML rendering engine,
slam it in the product (or offer it as a plug-in add-on) and let me
get down to building some REAL Web apps without my having to muck
with the HTML at all.

But that's just me.

:-)

--
How smart do you work? What's your TQ (Time Quotient)?