REALbasic vs. Revolution

Ro Nagey ro.nagey at verizon.net
Thu Oct 10 14:19:01 EDT 2002

I, for one, couldn't agree more. IMFO, there has been a near-total lack of
open-ended interface design. Everyone seems, quite literally, to live
'inside the box' or, more precisely, 'inside the screenrect'.

There have been brief examples of tools that allow you to create circular
or, even, free-form stacks...but I haven't seen anything recently. We, the
creators, seem trapped by Windows/Mac boundaries when we should be designing
the new and the different.

Perhaps we should have a contest for the most "un-Windows, un-Mac" app. I
would love to see what our more creative minds could come up with...which,
in turn, might point towards improvements in our tools.

Ro Nagey
Royal Software, Inc.