How real is the embedded web-page technique?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Oct 10 11:12:02 EDT 2002

On Thursday, October 10, 2002, at 12:38 AM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> Um... but it does render HTML, via the htmlText property. Not all of the
> HTML 4.0 spec, certainly, but it renders basic inline styling, images, and
> links. That's not enough for all purposes but it seems to me it is enough
> to say that Rev "renders HTML on its own".

That's better than what I thought.  I thought images and links required
some special coding.

Even so, the htmlText does not even handle basic whitespace rules.  (The
way I remember them.)  This means even rendering the most simple of HTML
requires some processing.  When Revolution can do that, I might concede
that it can "render basic HTML".

Until then, the better name for htmlText is styledText.

(I don't understand the motivation for the current whitespace handling.  It
might be so "get" returns what you "put", but I am missing the value of
that.)

Dar Scott