Saving stuff in a standalone

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Oct 10 11:06:01 EDT 2002

Tim,

To write data to a text file is a simple as taking the data you want to
write (like the contents of a variable or field) and using this syntax:

  put <dataToWrite> into url ("file:" & <pathToFile>)

And to read the data, use this syntax:

  put url ("file:" & <pathToFile>) into <dataFromFile>)

So for example, if I wanted to read data from the file
"Enterprise:MyFolder:MyData.dat" on my OS X system, I would say:

  put url ("file:/Enterprise/MyFolder/MyData.dat") into myData

Hope this helps,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com