Shades of Color

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Oct 9 17:13:01 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 03:50  PM, Sarah wrote:

> Convert the RGB values to HSV, then change S & V to alter the color
> characteristics while staying with the same hue. Then convert back to
> RGB to use it. If you want functions to do these conversions, let me
> know, but they are also available as part of Monte Goulding's
> ScriptLibrary (I forget the link but I think you can get to it through
> the User Contributions).

That's the correct way. Or if you want to cheat you can add a constant
to the RGB value and check for <=255. White is 255,255,255.

(0,176,23) + 100 => (100,276,123) => (100,255,123) will give you a
lighter colored green. It may not be the same hue though, and Sarah's
way is better.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at swcp.com
alex_rice at arc.to