Printing

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Oct 9 16:22:01 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 02:35  PM, Jeff Morrison wrote:

> I'm looking at both REALbasic and Revolution and I'm pretty sure I've
> just discovered a huge problem with REALbasic, and I'm curious if
> Revolution suffers from the same issue.  Printing.  RB printing seems
> to be very, very, very tedious, requiring the user to define every
> element, style, position on page,etc., all via code.  How does
> Revolution handle printing?  Please tell me it's better.  - Jeff

It seems better in Rev, to me, although I have not done much printing
in either environment. If I recall, in Realbasic, printing basically
hands you a graphics context and you have to draw into it, unless you
happen to have a view already containing what you want.

In Rev. you can print content at the level of stack, card, or field,
and there are a fair number of commands for controlling the print
output (margins, headers, scaling).

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at swcp.com
alex_rice at arc.to