Alex Rice's Stacks as Databases Thread

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Oct 4 10:30:01 EDT 2002

Alex, et al:

I deleted the original messages because I thought the subject was
adequately covered, then decided to note:

If one uses properties, text files, or a special "mirror" stack, one
is designing an app-specific approach which must be redesigned for
each new project.

If one uses an SQL or SDB database, one is gaining proficiency in a
generalized approach that can be applied to future projects.  (SDB
is, in essence, a generalization of a stack-specific approach used by
HyperCarders for years.)
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company