Q. data stacks and app design

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Thu Oct 3 19:41:00 EDT 2002

I am writing an app which is a long survey followed by a couple of long
reports. I want to save the state of the survey to disk and have
different projects which the user names/saves/restores. Each project is
just the set of answers to the survey questions.

A SQL database is not needed. In the SQL mindset, this data would have
a handful of rows and maybe too many columns to deal with-- many
hundreds. I'm sure it could be normalized better, but there is not
enough data to warrant a SQL database.

Even the Serendipity Library SDB database looks like overkill for this
app.

So I think I need to use a data stack. What's the most elegant way to
get cards and/or stacks to write all it's state out to disk, which I
can go check on later from another stack, and write a report from the
more about the application if it's not clear what I'm asking.

Thanks in advance!

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at swcp.com
alex_rice at arc.to