Revolution: The Book Project

Alan Golub ASGolub at dkhglaw.com
Thu Oct 3 16:32:02 EDT 2002

Hi all --

I've been monitoring the archives of this user list for some time now, and
I've got to say that I'm impressed with the quality of the responses from
the user community. It's rare to find such consistently useful and friendly
help, without the flames you sometimes see on other lists. It's a credit to
the product, the company, and the users, so keep up the good work!

With this, my first post, I'm excited to announce that I have undertaken a
book project about Revolution. I envision an introductory programming text
for complete novices to programming and to Revolution. Over the next month
or so, I hope to draft a detailed outline for the book, and hopefully one or
two chapters. In support of the book and the writing process, I have started
a new weblog called "Programming Revolution." Here's the link:

http://progrevolution.blogspot.com/

The blog is really just a prototype right now, but I will work on improving
it over the next few days. Once it's finalized, I hope to update it 2-3
times a week with new info on the details and status of the book. I hope
you'll check it out and become a part of making this book project a success.
In my view, adequate third-party documentation can go a long way towards
greater acceptance of software tools, particularly development apps. Between
the blog, my participation in the user list, and, down the road, a published
book, I hope to really contribute towards getting Revolution the recognition
it deserves.

I look forward to learning from you all!

Regards,
Alan S. Golub