Delete blank lines/No scroll change

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Oct 1 17:30:00 EDT 2002

A while ago on the list, someone (possibly Geoff) suggested a brilliant
solution to blank lines:

	filter field "whatever" with "*?"

I have a permanent problem with adding lines to a field. Do I need to
add a linefeed before the new line? If I add a linefeed after each line
(as I used to do in HyperCard) then list fields have an empty
selectable line at at the end. What if the field is empty? and so on...

Now I just add linefeeds whenever they might be needed and finish by
doing the filter command. It is very ast and strips out all empty lines.

Sarah