imagedata must be on screen?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Tue Oct 1 08:08:01 EDT 2002

This was discussed a while back on the list, so you might check the
archives for more detail, but as I recall:

image "whatever" references the underlying data that supplies the image.
Hence, it is available only if the image is imported, but is available
whether or not the image is currently onscreen. It is unaffected by
resizing or rotating the image.

the imagedata of image "whatever" references the data displayed onscreen by
the image. Hence, it is available only if the image is currently onscreen,
but is available regardless of whether the image is imported or referenced.
Since it is based on the displayed data, it reflects resizing and rotation.

gc