Stack Size Changes

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Nov 30 14:28:01 EST 2002

Bill Lynn <switchedon at hsj.com> wrote:

>> (1) i set the size using the "rect" property (in your case: set the
>> rect of this stack to "0,0,800,600")
>
> Mine, too, is set to 0,0,800,600. I've also tried making the stack resizable
> with minimum and maximum sizes both set at 800 x 600. Still no good.
>
>> (2) i did not have a menubar.
>
> Nor do I.
>
> Can anyone else replicate this problem?

I had the same problem a long time ago with a much earlier version of
the MC engine. No one responded to my questions about it on the mailing
list, so it must be rare. This was a year or two ago. I solved the
problem on my own by setting the screen resolution to the one that
didn't work, setting the stack size while I was there, and saving the
stack while in that same resolution. After that, opening the stack at
any screen resolution seemed to preserve the size no matter what.

I don't know if this will work in all cases though. It is probably safer
to just set the desired size in a preOpenStack handler, as others have
suggested.