Stack Size Changes

Bill Lynn switchedon at hsj.com
Sat Nov 30 10:07:01 EST 2002

I've run into an annoying and persistent problem with Rev 1.1.1 running
under Mac OS 9.2.2. I have the stack size set to 800 x 600 (my current
screen size) with no decorations, not resizeable and the following stack
script:

on openstack
  set  the loc of me to the screenloc
end openstack

Then I save the stack, quit Rev and the next time I open the stack it's 800
x 539. The only two things I have noticed that have changed in properties
are the height and the popup next to Window decorations reads "decorations"
instead of "empty." When I reset these two properties it looks fine while
I'm working on the stack. Then I save and shutdown. The next time I open the
stack the same thing has happened.

Even more odd is the fact that, when I set my screen resolution to 1024 x
768 the stack opens at 800 x 600 with no problem.

Is Rev reserving some stack height for it's own purposes (i.e. displaying
it's menu and toolbars)? Or is this a bug? Surely one should be able to
create a stack to fill up the screen.

Cheers... Bill Lynn
Simtech Publications
www.hsj.com