Converting Rev color to HTML color?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Nov 30 02:48:01 EST 2002

Dave,

Here's the conversion code I use - note it's a little funky when it comes to
making sure that "0" is really "00", but it works:

on mouseUp
    answer color
    if it <> "" then
        put ConvertToHex(it)
    end if
end mouseUp

function ConvertToHex pRGB
    set the numberFormat to "00"
    put "" into retVal
    repeat with x = 1 to 3
        put baseConvert(item x of pRGB,10,16) into tVal
        if isNumber(tVal) then
            put tVal + 0 after retVal
        else
            put tVal after retVal
        end if
    end repeat
    return "#" & retVal
end ConvertToHex

The reason for the "put tVal + 0 after retVal" is that in order to force a
number to adopt the numberFormat, you need to do some kind of math
calculation on it; adding 0 is the best way to do that.

Hope this helps!

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com