File Open Error: Illegal File Name Character " " in xyz.rev

David Wilkinson dwilk at bradfork.co.uk
Wed Nov 27 03:57:00 EST 2002

Just a thought

File naming has been a topic before in this list but it would appear
that if you want your stacks to work seamlessly on 'nix, (not that
anyone does of course!)  it would be wise to avoid spaces in stack
file names.

The db demo included with Rev and Rob Cozens' impressive SDB stacks
both refuse to run on my Linux box because of the above error.   If
we are serious about cross-platform development,  we will need to
work with the lowest common denominator between systems.   For the
same reason,  if we use applescript to achieve something, it might
be wiser to find another way round and/or submit a request for the
absent but required functionality to the list??

My problem is that I am not creative enough to use a Mac!