Socket Tutorial Guidelines

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Tue Nov 26 10:11:00 EST 2002

On Dienstag, November 26, 2002, at 04:06  Uhr, Alan Gayne wrote:

> Somewhat off topic, does anyone have or know of a well detailed, step
> by step tutorial on how to use RunRev as the front end of a Filemaker
> database?
>
> From the references I've seen on the list it would seem that this is a
> fairly widespread technique but I'm yet to find a really good > tutorial.

Thats a very interesting idea for me too...
Is it possible?
Does it make any sense to build the UI in Rev instead directly in FM,
what seems easier to me...?
For what kind of solutions could make it sence compared to 4D,
Valentina or mySQL..?
Can FM do anything what they cant do..?
Is it easier (cheaper) to publish a FM Database on the web and connect
to it with "Rev client"?

Thanks in advance for some ideas to that...

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©

INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539