Http or https

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Nov 22 20:06:01 EST 2002

On Friday, November 22, 2002, at 04:01 PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> OK who wants to write an external to wrap libcurl?
> ( http://curl.sourceforge.net/ ) Or, if you are running OS X, the curl
> command comes pre-installed and you could definitely run it from the
> shell.
>
> "Curl is a command line tool for transferring files with URL syntax,
> supporting FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, GOPHER, TELNET, DICT, FILE and LDAP.
> Curl supports HTTPS certificates, HTTP POST, HTTP PUT, FTP uploading,
> kerberos, HTTP form based upload, proxies, cookies, user+password
> authentication, file transfer resume, http proxy tunneling and a
> busload of other useful tricks."

It's been two hours since Alex wrote this.  I would have expected a
short script using the Revolution shell command (or the workaround for
OS X for Revolution 1.1.1) by now.  I just glanced at the site and it
looks looks like binaries with SSL are available for Windows, OS X and
lots of Linuxes.

We need more list showoffs!!

Dar Scott