Http or https

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Fri Nov 22 18:07:01 EST 2002

On Friday, November 22, 2002, at 03:27  PM, Iago wrote:

>   It's a known limitation, yes. Once they release 2.0,
>   apparently https/ssl support is "up next" on the list, but
>   I suspect that still means at least several months in
>   coming. A pity, really, because until that happens, I'm
>   not able to write the apps I want to for my place of work.

OK who wants to write an external to wrap libcurl? (
http://curl.sourceforge.net/ ) Or, if you are running OS X, the curl
command comes pre-installed and you could definitely run it from the
shell.

"Curl is a command line tool for transferring files with URL syntax,
supporting FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, GOPHER, TELNET, DICT, FILE and LDAP.
Curl supports HTTPS certificates, HTTP POST, HTTP PUT, FTP uploading,
kerberos, HTTP form based upload, proxies, cookies, user+password
authentication, file transfer resume, http proxy tunneling and a
busload of other useful tricks."

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at swcp.com
alex_rice at arc.to