reading QT tracks - timecode

tom tmw at his.com
Thu Nov 21 20:34:01 EST 2002

I am building an application in HC, that I am thinking of porting to Rev.

I have bought Rev and the manuals but having a hard time making the
transition.

As I strugle I have run in to a easy in HC fucntion that it is not clear
that Rev is up to.

Can anyone tell me if:

 - Rev can read a timcecode track (a track placeed in Mov with apple's
tool - 'QTTimeCode').

 - us this track info go to a specific time in the movie

 - display / record this timecode in a Rev Field as the movie is playing
and when playing is paused.

Maybe a simpler question is: Can Rev use the same QT XCMD that HC uses?
I know this will limit playing to Macs.. but that for now is ok.

- Also as a movie player does Rev do a better or worse job than QT player?

I ask as in Os X i am finding QT player is having trouble playing my
movies about 15 FPS while in OS 9 they play fine at 30 FPS. [I assume
this is a downside of true multiTasking.]  FWIW the movies in question
are DV and in hour + chunks, so pre-loading into memory is probably out.

Thanks
  Tom Witte