Six vs Half a Dozen

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Nov 21 12:00:02 EST 2002

>Why send the message to "me" only to pass it elsewhere?

Thanks for testing this, Richard.

Example: ClickClock, a scripted animated gif that can be placed in
any stack.  The image sends a clickClockTime message.  I don't know
whether a developer is going to place the image as an individual
control or make it part of a group.  I also don't know where the
developer wants to place the clickClockTime handler.

I've had problems using "send someMessage in x seconds" (no target)?
Am I doing something wrong or does send...in require a target?

Anyhow, because of my problems with send...in without a target, I
erred on the side of caution by scripting "send clickClockTime to
this card".  Subsequently I realized this locked out the script of
any group ClickClock was included in as a repository for a
clickClockTime handler.  That's when I substituted "send
clickClockTime to me" and added the handler to pass the message.

Which lead to the question that I posted and you answered so precisely.

Thank you.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company