Can I do "Digest Authentification"

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Nov 19 12:11:01 EST 2002

On Tuesday, November 19, 2002, at 09:52  AM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> This is perfect!  Exactly what I need to do.  I'm a bit leery of the
> learning curve in using libURLSetCustomHTTPHeaders() to configure an
> HTTP request.  I'll dig right in starting now - - - - curious though -
> - - can someone who has done this sort of thing share some of their
> samples, so I don't have to re-invent the wheel?  Any assistance is
> greatly appreciated.

It's not too hard. Like Dar said, get a good HTTP book, or do some
searching on Google. Basic HTTP requests are not complex. The request
methods commonly used are GET, HEAD, and POST. A request is a single
line followed by a double newline. Additional headers can be added one
per line, before the double newline. Use a terminal and a telnet
program to experiment. Here I am using the HEAD command to get info
about an image on runrev.com's webserver. Use GET to download stuff.

alex at darkstar->telnet runrev.com 80
Trying 64.23.0.192...
Connected to www.runrev.com.
Escape character is '^]'.