Inconsistent variable behavior... help?

Mark Swindell mdswindell at charter.net
Sun Nov 17 12:16:01 EST 2002

Here's an example of some odd behavior I'm experiencing in a stack I'm
working on.  On one card the below script works fine and does the desired
behavior.  I switch cards and get the message "can't find card."  Yet the
variables apparently contain correct values on both cards.  I'm stumped.
(The function of the script is to save some user info on a card in a
substack called "defaults.")

A handler at the stack level called from a button:

put field "wordsAvailable" into fld gMyName of grp "WordsAvailableGroup" of
cd gMySound of stack "defaults"

returns "Can't find card."

gMyName = great
gMySound = bay